Promoting fellowship, fitness, & fun in Chicagoland
Fellowship, Fitness, & Fun
The Major Taylor Cycling Club Chicago (MTC3) is dedicated to promoting fitness, fellowship and fun while fostering a sense of community among cyclists, and honoring the legacy of Marshall “Major” Taylor. We organize hundreds of group rides, events, and activities related to cycling annually. See more about us.
MTC3 is a cycling club based in Chicago, named after Marshall “Major” Taylor. Marshall Taylor was an African-American cyclist who became a world champion in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. He faced racial discrimination during his career but still achieved significant success in the cycling world.
Major Taylor Chicago Cycling Club Mission Statement
The mission of the Major Taylor Cycling Club Chicago (MTC3) is to promote good health by supporting recreational and social cycling activities in the community. Our membership is open to all, regardless of race, creed, or skill level. We are dedicated to safe and enjoyable cycling, with rides offered for all ages and abilities. We do this with inspiration from our namesake, Marshall “Major” Taylor, who in 1899, became the 1st African-American world champion in cycling.
Upcoming Rides, Meetings and Events
Fellowship, Fitness, & Fun The Major Taylor Cycling Club Chicago (MTC3) is dedicated to promoting fitness, fellowship and fun while fostering a sense of community among cyclists, and honoring the […]
Benefits of Membership
- Participation in all scheduled rides, with ride leaders who map out special routes and ride “sweepers” for anyone who might need help along the way.
- Participation in all social activities planned by the club.
- Informative list services to keep you up to date on rides, activities, and cycling topics of interest.
- Ability to purchase club apparel at a discounted rate.
- Training clinics during the year.
- Ride insurance included in all scheduled rides.
- Volunteer opportunities.
- Bicycling advocacy and education
- Explore the many bike trails in our region.